Wednesday 25 November 2009

Santa Tutorial



A few weeks ago I made a punched Santa, several people asked me for a tutorial for him, so here it is.
There are quite a few pics for this one but I hope it's easy enough to follow.


You need a Scallop Circle, 1 3/8" Circle, Scallop Oval, Scallop Border, Small Tag, 1/2" Circle and 1/4" Circle punches.

You also need Stampin' Pastels, scissors, dimentional foam pads, Whisper White, Real Red and Blush Blossom card stock.

Punch a white scallop circle and a blush blossom large circle and stick them together to make his head.

Punch a small tag and cut it as shown above. This makes his hat.

Cut a 1/2" circle from red or pink card for his nose and cut 2 1/4" circles for his eyes. Stick all of these to the santa head as shown. I used a foam pad to stick his nose on.

Punch a scallop oval in white. To turn it into his beard put the oval back in the punch as shown, half of the oval will be in the punch and half out of the punch.

Before you add the beard you can add some colour to his cheeks using the Stampin' Pastels.

Then add the beard.

To make the trim for his hat use the scallop border punch and punch it just once on some white card.

Using the scissors cut the scallop out as shown above.

Stick the trim to his hat then add any detail using a pen.

My appologies for the poor photos but it is a very gloomy and misserable day, so getting enough light is difficult.
As with my other tutorials I am happy for you all to use my design. All I ask in return is that you link back to my blog and tell people where you found the tutorial.

Hope you have fun making lots of jolly Santa's!
Sarah x

2 comments:

Shelly Katzung said...

Just adorable!

Lisa Salkeld said...

The lighting is fine! What a creative little Santa!!! Thanks for sharing...