Monday 7 December 2009

Memo No. 1


As I promised I'm back to show you the first of the teachers gifts I am making for the boys to take into school. I have more to make this year as Ben is in nursery and he has 4 staff, 2 teachers and 2 nursery nurses.
After talking to a friend of mine (who happens to be a member of staff at Ben's nursery) about what gifts they get and the fact that many just don't get used, I wanted to make something that was going to be useful.
While I was in a local pound shop I found these memo/clip boards that were being sold as bingo boards, perfect for altering and giving as gifts.
So here is the first one!

I've used the Seeing Spots stamp set, which is a great alround set. The background was stamped using the smaller spots and circles using Chocolate Chip ink on Chocolate Chip card.
I didn't want to clutter it with too much decoration, cos when you have your notes, lists and recipts clipped on you don't really see it.
So I kept it simple, using the flower from the same stamp set and Pretty in Pink ink, some more Choc Chip card with some Rose Red for some more colour and of course I have used my punches!!

Yummy ribbon and of course a pink post it pad add the finishing touches!

Right I have choir practice tonight then I have loads of cards and gifts to finish off.
Hopefully I'll be back tomorrow.
PS sorry for the poor pics, I could do with a better camera (that's a hint for you Santa!!)!!

Sarah x

No comments: