Wednesday 26 November 2008

Christmas Card

I've found that every year it's getting harder and harder to find what I call "decent" religious Christmas cards, so when I found these stamps I thought they would be perfect for Christmas.
As the "Big" day is fast approaching I thought I ought to finish them off so I can get writting them and get them posted.

I don't normally use lots of blue when making cards. I think that having two boys I have tried to get my pink fix where I can, but this works well with different shades of blue. The card base is embossed with snowflakes that I have dusted over with some chalks. The verse is stamped and heat embossed with a glitter dust and the manger is stamped using a pearlesent ink.

The verse reads:
The Legend of the Snowflake
Long ago a glittery star lead the way to a Holy Child.....
and today it is said that snowflakes are tiny pieces of that very star,
sent to lead our hearts anew to Jesus, Light of the World.

No comments: